Plug any expired/used/new magicJack or magicJack Plus dongle phone
adapter directly into the USB port of a computer without any type of
additional USB extender cable. Externally powered USB hubs that
plug into an A/C wall outlet are however fine to use. Windows
XP/Vista/7/8/10 Only (min. 1Ghz CPU + 1GB RAM).
let it complete its own regular installation process until the regular
MJ dialer or MJ sign in window appears. Go to Start/Control
Panel/Sounds and make sure you have your computer speakers and
microphone specified to be the default audio devices on your computer
system if they are present.
2. You MUST download and install the GVJackApp program below on an Administrator account on your computer.
Sign in using any Gmail e-mail account and password. When you hear your
phone ring it is ready for you to start placing outgoing phone calls.
Gmail e-mail accounts may be obtained from http://www.gmail.com.
To place calls to a phone just go offhook and dial the number you wish
to call. If you hear stutter dialtone, you have voice mail messages
waiting and can dial your own phone number or *98 (Professional Version
only) to listen to them. You can also place free worldwide user to user
calls to any smartphone or computer user that uses Google+ Hangouts by
dialing the Speed Dial number (0 to 9999) you have programmed in the
"Features Dashboard" (Professional Version only) with the other user's
To change the feature settings, right mouse click on the GVJackApp
traybar icon and select "Features Dashboard" (Professional Version
only) from the menu that appears. If you dont see it, then it is
probably hidden based on your computer settings. Using your mouse,
closely look in the lower right hand area of your computer screen for a
small white up arrow. Windows provides this small white up arrow to
display hidden traybar icons. Click on it and then use the customize
link provided there to change your setting to permanently display the
GVJackApp little phone traybar icon.
may also use the same phone for talking with online voice/voice chat
services like Skype by going offhook and waiting 5 seconds for dialtone
to automatically stop.
Incoming Phone Number Setup (Incoming Calls Available For U.S. Based Gmail Accounts Only)
Right mouse click on the GVJackApp traybar icon and select "Phone
Account" from the menu that appears. Follow the online instructions on
the Google Voice webpage that appears to sign up for a phone number.
Google Voice currently requires you to use an existing U.S. phone
number such as your mobile phone number to complete the sign up process.
reference, if the phone number of the person calling is in your Gmail
contacts list, the name of the caller will be displayed on your phone.
Download and install the "Magicfeatures" Plugin on an Administrator
account. Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 computer (min. 800 Mhz CPU + 512 Mb
It must be added to any and all Firewall/Antivirus applications as a program exception with full privileges.
3. Your regular MJ or MJ+ dongle MUST be plugged into a USB port on
your computer and running as per the manufacturer's instructions with a
physical phone connected to it.
4. Once it has initialized, the little phone icon in the lower right
hand portion of your screen will turn YELLOW. If you do not see it, it
is probably hidden based on your computer settings. In this case,
see http://support.pcphonesoft.com/#MFP6 for instructions on how to unhide it.
5. To change feature settings, double click on the MagicfeaturesPlugin
icon to open the "Features Dashboard".
6. Magicfeatures is specifically designed to be used with a phone and
its keypad to provide a fully featured landline style calling
7. To place calls and use feature activation codes dial using your phone keypad.
Click For Feature Details
1. Download and install the "Magicsilence" Plugin.
2. Your regular MJ or MJ+ dongle MUST be plugged into the USB port of a
computer. Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 Only (min. 800 Mhz CPU + 512 Mb RAM).
3. The MagicSilence Plugin icon located in the lower right hand traybar
area of your screen will turn RED when it is initialized and ready to
4. You may open the magicJack dialer at any time as needed by left
clicking on the magicJack dialer icon located in the lower right hand
traybar area of your computer screen.
1. Download and install the SkyjackPlugin.
2. Your regular MJ or MJ+ dongle MUST
be plugged into a computer and running as per the manufacturer's
instructions with a physical phone connected to it. Windows
XP/Vista/7/8/10 Only (min. 800 Mhz CPU + 512 MB RAM).
3. The desktop version of the Skype dialer (from www.skype.com) MUST be installed and running.
4. You MUST authorize the SkyjackPlugin in the "Tools/Options/Advanced/Manage Other Program Access To Skype" section of the Skype dialer.
5. When all is in order, the SkyjackPlugin traybar icon in the lower
right hand corner of your screen will turn RED.
Skype Calling Using Your Phone
1. Dial * immediately followed by the full phone number you wish to call. You MUST include the country code in the number you dial (i.e. *18005551212 [US], *442075048888 [UK], etc...).
Although calling other Skype users anywhere in the world is free, you MUST purchase Skype calling credits to call regular phone numbers that are not toll free.
3. To call other Skype users, dial the Speed Dial number *1 to *50 you
have associated with their Skype name in the Speed Dial table.
4. To access the Speed Dial table, double click on the SkyjackPlugin
icon located in the lower right hand traybar area of your computer
5. For incoming calls, just answer your phone when it rings.